The Courtyard, Lower Main Street, Kinvara,
One of the most picturesque villages in Ireland, with a quiet harbour overlooking bobbing boats and grandly green views. Walk off the main street through a pretty garden and climb the outdoor steps (this was once a hayloft) to two beautifully designed spaces. The top suite has a higher ceiling but both are stunning and clever: everything you need here in one large light room with high, quirky windows, pale wooden floors and white walls. A hub in the middle separates living area from sleeping and contains on one side a super modern shower room and on the other a dazzling kitchen – fully equipped for cooking everything! Loll on a broad leather sofa with creamy cushions, turn the gas-fuelled stove on, lower the chrome lighting and settle down to relax – there's a peaceful, uncluttered atmosphere here. More active souls have much on the doorstep to explore: walk the Burren and discover Mediterranean and Arctic flowers growing side by side, take a picnic to the beach, spot otters in the bay, birdwatch, snaffle some local oysters, mussels, crab or smoked salmon. The perfect place to chill – or be creative.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Elizabeth Murphy:
- Kinvara is a bustling harbour town with shops a 3 minute walk and Galway is only a 20 minute drive away.
- Visit Dunguaire castle or enjoy an evening of music, song and storytelling at a banquet there.
- Sample the Fleadh na gCuach (The Cuckoo Festival) an Irish music festival over the May bank holiday.
- Visit the Cruinniú na mBád (Gathering of the Boats) in mid August for boat races, displays, music and more.
- The Volvo Ocean race finishes in Galway 30th June to 8th July and Kinvara is an excellent base from which to catch this.
- Explore Galway Bay and the West Coast of Ireland by boat from Kinvara.
Have you visited Kinvara Suites?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Apartments for 2
See owner website for special offers.
The Courtyard, Lower Main Street, Kinvara, Co. Galway