The White Cottages
Balbriggan Road, Skerries,
The cottage perches on the water's edge; any closer to the sea and you'd get your toes wet. A terrace runs at the back, perfect for an early morning coffee when you can watch the birdlife and the occasional curious seal bob past. Most rooms make the most of the view, and French windows lead out to the terrace from the wonderfully tall, light living room, its fire stocked with turf to keep you cosy on stormier days. Beds with embroidered pillowcases face the sea; others come with a handsome wood four-poster; as you might expect, there's a nautical theme in the art on the walls. Jackie is a painter and runs classes, while husband Joe can tell you all the local history, point out the best restaurants or take you on a guided tour of Skerries: nothing is too much trouble. Like a home away from home, there's a guest kitchen to warm a baby's bottle or chill something fine for an evening sundowner. This is worth a visit for breakfast alone: Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, smoked mackerel and scrambled eggs... later you can head out to The Harbour or Red Island, for a bracing walk and more of that lovely sea air.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The White Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 1 Triple
Balbriggan Road, Skerries, Co. Dublin