Clonleason Gate Lodge
Clonleason sets the standard for self-catering in Ireland. Sinead has converted the Georgian lodge into the dandiest cottage that indulges the senses and yet, despite the luxury and attention to detail, never feels overly perfect: roses meet honeysuckle, country-house elegance meets cosy cottage. It lies secluded among trees at the end of her drive with only the odd tractor to interrupt the peace. You enter by the kitchen: hand-printed wallpaper, a Welsh dresser storing patterned Portmeirion china, red deal cupboards distressed to create a limewash effect, oven, dishwasher, microwave and all the basics generously provided. Left is the sitting room: books, paintings and a comfy cream sofa in front of an open fire – so civilised. French doors open onto a terrace and a beautiful secret garden that leads to a small stream and the wild fields. The bedroom has lots of storage, fresh white linen on an excellent bed, coir matting and a pretty shower room. If you can drag yourself away, there are lovely river walks. Enchanting.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Sinead Connelly:
- Visit Trim Castle, and walk by the river Boyne 20 minutes away.
- Experience the unique archaeological sites of Tara (20 minutes away) and Newgrange (40 minutes away).
- See Kells with its magnificent 9th century round tower and High Crosses.
- Take a day trip to Dublin and be back in your cosy cottage by evening.
- Golf at beautiful Headfort in traditional parkland.
- Walk on the Girley bog, just up the road.
Have you visited Clonleason Gate Lodge?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 2
Special Offer: Clonleason Gate Lodge - Save €70 on any 7 night stay on available dates in July and August. Sawday guests pay €400 instead of €470. Short breaks also available - €85 per night for 2 people (minimum 3 nights).
Valid from 01/05/2013 till 01/06/2013
€85 for 2 (min 3/4 nights depending on season).
Fordstown, Co. Meath