Decoy Country Cottages
Garlow Cross, Navan,
Less than two miles off the main Dublin/Navan road, but all is peaceful, quiet and with a suburban feel. Decoy House has a set of black iron gates and sits high overlooking the countryside. Sweep straight in to a stable yard and here are the converted cottages, all with stable doors, neat paths and pretty pots on the gravel. All eight cottages are decorated in the same way: Travertine marble tiles or light oak flooring, pale ginger walls, plenty of space, light and views. Beds are well dressed with pillows and cushions, kitchens boast black polished granite work tops, wood-burning stoves and geothermal underfloor heating will keep you toasty even on the chilliest of days. Perfect for families is the den, a general sitting/games room for use by all, with games, TV, books and magazines, billiards; out the back door find a playground with barbecue, sandpit and garden furniture – a safe place for children to play while you have a workout in the gym or a bit of beauty therapy. You are in the famous Meath Boyne Valley with many important historical sites; excellent golf and fishing are nearby.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Paula Irwin:
- Hill of Tara (5 minutes away) - Meeting place for The High Kings of Ireland hundreds of years ago and place where St Patrick preached.
- Newgrange world heritage site and megalithic burial tombs. These are 500 years older than both The Pyramids and Stonehenge and are quite spectacular. They are 15 minutes from the cottages.
- Bective Abbey - Situated on the river Boyne - well preserved remains of a cistercian abbey - 10 minutes from the cottages.
- Trim Castle - best example of a Norman Castle in Ireland. Used in the filming of Braveheart. 20 minutes from the cottages.
- Mrs O's Pub - 3 miles form the cottages and famous locally and internationally. Used in the Guinness Christmas advert. You never know who you might meet there!
- Dublin City - vibrant capital of Ireland 30 minutes away from the cottages.
Have you visited Decoy Country Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 6 Cottages for 2 - 8
- 1 Annexe for 7
Garlow Cross, Navan, Co. Meath