Old Parochial House Cottages
Old Parochial House, Cooraclare, Kilrush,
West Clare is steeped in culture, has pubs that swing to traditional music, fabulous countryside, deserted sandy beaches, cliff walks – and friendly easy-going people. None more so than Alyson and Seán in their 1872 former parish priest's house. The main house stands on four acres overlooking the sleepy village of Cooraclare. The old stables, coach house and shibeen have been converted and two stone cottages built in traditional Irish style. All the O'Neills' work is a labour of love expressed in turf fires, stone floors, exposed beams, old artefacts and bags of character. It would be hard to pick a favourite but the open-plan living room in the stables is beautiful, with views over rolling countryside. Lean on your half-door, breathe the heavy gorse-scented air, chat to whomever goes by, take your time. Insects hum, birds sing, goats and pony graze – and there are three pubs in the village with good beer and music, a five-minute stroll. The Cliffs of Moher and the magical Burren are not that far. Come and live the slow life. Just being here will do you a power of good.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Alyson & Sean O’Neill:
- Local shop and Post office in the village within walking distance.
- The coast with its deserted beaches and rugged coastline is 5 minutes drive away.
- The coast between Doonbeg and Lahinch is a surfers paradise with a number of excellent surfing spots.
Have you visited Old Parochial House Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Cottages for 2 - 5
Old Parochial House, Cooraclare, Kilrush, Co. Clare