Old Parochial House Cottages
Old Parochial House, Cooraclare, Kilrush,
West Clare is steeped in culture, has pubs that swing to traditional music, fabulous countryside, deserted sandy beaches, cliff walks – and friendly easy-going people. None more so than Alyson and Seán in their 1872 former parish priest's house. The main house stands on four acres overlooking the sleepy village of Cooraclare. The old stables, coach house and shibeen have been converted and two stone cottages built in traditional Irish style. All the O'Neills' work is a labour of love expressed in turf fires, stone floors, exposed beams, old artefacts and bags of character. It would be hard to pick a favourite but the open-plan living room in the stables is beautiful, with views over rolling countryside. Lean on your half-door, breathe the heavy gorse-scented air, chat to whomever goes by, take your time. Insects hum, birds sing, goats and pony graze – and there are three pubs in the village with good beer and music, a five-minute stroll. The Cliffs of Moher and the magical Burren are not that far. Come and live the slow life. Just being here will do you a power of good.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Alyson & Sean O’Neill:
- Local shop and Post office in the village within walking distance.
- The coast with its deserted beaches and rugged coastline is 5 minutes drive away.
- The coast between Doonbeg and Lahinch is a surfers paradise with a number of excellent surfing spots.
Have you visited Old Parochial House Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Cottages for 2 - 5
Credit cards details accepted for booking confirmation.
Old Parochial House, Cooraclare, Kilrush, Co. Clare