Patricia and John's magical renovation of this grand old Irish manor house is nothing short of a miracle. You are wrapped up in 12 acres of impressive woodlands with views that shoot south for miles. Inside, the dimensions are stately. Enormous rooms come as standard with high ceilings, varnished wood floors and beautiful windows to bring in the light. Downstairs, there's a grand piano and an open fire in the sitting room, then a smart dining room that opens onto a terrace, and a vast snooker room for those who want to try their hand. Four delicious bedrooms wait upstairs. All are huge, you get beautiful antique wood furniture, super-comfy beds and two at the front have seemingly endless views that take in the castle and abbey at Kilcrea. There are two pretty doubles on the lower ground for bigger parties, perfect for older children. Pull yourself away, there's loads to explore. Blarney Castle and its ancient stone are close, as is Cork, while there's golf, fishing and walking in abundance. At night come back for a good meal. You can cook for yourself in the excellent kitchen, or a chef can be arranged.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Patricia Wiese & John Kehely:
- Farran wood: Once part of the estate of Farran House, is now a public forest park. 2 miles from the house, located on the banks of the iniscarra resevoir, there are miles of tracks and paths, Its great place for walking or jogging.
- Water sports, sea fishing, swimming, golf, horse riding and much more can be found nearby.
- We have croquet, badminton and boules sets for the lawn.
- Kilcrea Castle and Friary are 1.5miles away. Built in the 15th century by Cormac MacCarthy, king of Munster (he also built nearby Blarney castle). They are remarkably well preserved and have an interesting history.
- Whale and dolphin migratory paths pass through the waters off the West Cork Coastline. Whale watching excursions can be organised all year round except March, April, May.
- As well as the championship sized billard table and the grand piano, the house is well stocked with books and board games.
Have you visited Farran House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 16
Weekends & midweek (not July-Aug, Christmas or Easter) from €1200.
Farran, Cork, Co. Cork