Fleur & Kizzie Cottages
These sweet hideaway cottages are ineffably romantic, the site is stunning, the views over to the Macgillycuddy Reeks, Ireland's highest mountains, will swallow your heart at any time of day. Set in a fine mature garden, the minute Kizzie for two and the larger Fleur for a family have been renovated, decorated and furnished with flair, loving care, well-chosen furniture on warm wooden floors, and delightful fabrics. The style is perfectly cottagey without ever being twee and the nostalgic aroma of an open turf fire is the best thing ever when you come in from a long day's fishing, walking or history-hunting. The two sofas in Fleur, the one in Kizzie just ask to be relaxed into. Their kitchens are brand new with grey slate or pine worktops – and all the modern bits you expect. Bedrooms rejoice in tempting quilted bedding on new old-style beds and good storage space. In Kizzie, you can lie in bed and gaze at those magic mountains. In Fleur, the sunroom draws them in. Each has its own patio or garden spot with barbecue and furniture. And pretty Killorglin and its handful of restaurants is within walking distance.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Joanne McNicholl:
- Visit “Puck Fair” Ireland’s oldest fair which takes place in Killorglin on the 10th, 11th and 12th of August each year. Three days of traditional Irish craic with street music, fun fairs, parades, Arts and Crafts markets and plenty of song and dance.
- Visit Rossbeigh beach for scenic beach & hilltop walks with panoramic views. Plenty of body boarding & surfing on these waves! Also plenty of local restaurants & pubs serving local fare & showcasing traditional music & all within walking distance.
- Walk the “Kerry way” – mapped local walking routes. Or maybe climb Carrauntoohill, Ireland’s highest mountain. There are guided walks organised by the local mountaineering club.
- Watch the changing views of the McGillacuddy Reeks from the cottages every morning and evening. Both cottages are nestled beautifully on Sunhill at the foot of this mountain range.
- Visit the world famous Rose of Tralee festival in August or perhaps the Tralee races are more your thing?
- A great base from which to tour the world famous Ring of Kerry and only 20 minutes drive from Killarney and 30 minutes from Tralee.
Have you visited Fleur & Kizzie Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Cottages for 2 - 6
Short breaks: Mon-Thurs (4 nights), Fri-Sun (3 nights) at 70% of weekly rate. (Oct to April). 2 travel cots, highchair, buggy, baby bottle steriliser & an assortment of books & toys for kids available.
Sunhill, Killorglin, Co. Kerry