Locanda della Valle Nuova
La Cappella 14, 61033 Sagrata di Fermignano,
In gentle, breeze-cooled hills, surrounded by ancient, protected oaks and on the road that leads to glorious Urbino, this 185-acre farm produces organic meat, vegetables and wine. Three self catering apartments are bright and colourful with comfortable beds and very well-equipped kitchens. Each has a terrace so that guests can eat outside, one has a particularly beautiful view of the 'Montefeltro' Marche landscape, another is more shaded in summer and closer to the swimming pool. It is an unusual, unexpectedly modern place whose owners have a special interest in horses and in the environment: solar panels for heating, photovoltaic panels for electricity. For B&B guests, the conversion has given La Locanda the feel of a discreet modern hotel, where perfectly turned sheets lie on perfect beds, and most of the rooms have views. The riding school has a club house for horsey talk and showers; there are two outdoor arenas as well as lessons and hacks, and a fabulous pool. If you arrive at the airport after dark, Giulia kindly meets you to guide you back.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- We are a short drive away from Urbino, one of the most interesting Italian Renaissance towns, where Raphael was born and the most famous Architects of the time worked. Do not miss the outstanding Saint John's Oratory, a Medieval pearl!
- Drive around the Northern Le Marche hills and enjoy the gorgeous views of the countryside and the many villages and hilltop towns where you will find surprises in every church and lane.
- We have been working hard for over 30 years to make our farm and house as green and sustainable as possible: we produce 100% organic and our photovoltaic plants (all installed on our roofs) make us completely carbon neutral.
- Le Marche offers something for everyone: art, architecture, landscapes, antique music, opera, great pottery, local artisans, amazing food, all in an untouristy region where the locals will be thrilled to welcome you
- We have a deep knowledge of the area, the architecture, art, food, traditions and culture and we will be glad to share it with you in English!
- Northern Le Marche have truffles year round: we can arrange fun truffle hunts with our neighbour and his dog.
Have you visited Locanda della Valle Nuova?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Apartments for 2 - 4
Children over 12 welcome. Short breaks available. Check prices for longer stays.
Mid-November to May.
La Cappella 14, 61033 Sagrata di Fermignano, PU