Wind your way up, up the curvy drive, past broad banks of rhododendrons, splendid in late spring, to an airy 1900s villa built as a summer retreat. Step inside to find rugs on wooden floors, colourfully painted walls and fine framed photographs from trips around the world; welcome to the Versaldos' charming home. It is wonderful for kids, super hospitable and, refreshingly, does not ooze perfection. Gaetano and his elderly mother greet you with charming English and show you to your rooms: in a separate wing, with bright-tiled, near-retro bathrooms (two with box showers, one with a tub) and family furniture professionally restored by Gaetano. The sitting room is cosy with filled bookshelves and big sofas, the old-fashioned furnace is lit in winter, and the kitchen for breakfast is homely and inviting. Best of all is outdoors: manicured lawns, five acres of forest to explore, shrubs for kids to get lost in. All feels fresh and lofty. Gaetano is proud of the natural beauty of his territory and eager to take guests on hikes of the mountains and hills. And for winter? Skiing is a 30-minute drive.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
- 3 Doubles
13814 Pollone, Biella