Lama di Luna - Biomasseria Agriturismo
Loc. Montegrosso, 70031 Andria,
The sister of Pietro's great-grandmother lived here until 1820; Pietro bought the farm in 1990, then discovered the family connection. It was "meant to be". Lama di Luna is the most integrated organic farm in Italy: 200 hectares of olives and wines, 40 solar panels for heat and hot water, beds facing north, feng shui-style. Pietro, who lives here with his family, is young, lively, charming, passionate about the environment and this supremely serene place. The farm goes back 300 years and wraps its dazzling white self around a vast courtyard with a central bread oven, its 40 chimney pots "telling the story" of the many farm workers that once lived here. Each bedroom, complete with fireplace and small window, once housed an entire family. Pietro searched high and low for the beds, the natural latex mattresses, the reclaimed wood for the doors. There's a library for reading and a veranda for sunsets and stars, and views that reach over flat farmland as far as the eye can see. Breakfast here on homemade cakes and jams, orchard fruits, local cheeses. Remote, relaxing, memorable.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- New pool.
- 420 solar panels provide the electricity supply for the entire farm.
Have you visited Lama di Luna - Biomasseria Agriturismo?Tell us your thoughts.
- 9 Twin/doubles
- 2 Suites for 3
Extra bed/sofabed available €50 per person per night.
Check in after 4pm. Call owner to give time of arrival.
Loc. Montegrosso, 70031 Andria, Bari