La Chiusa delle More
Loc. Padula, 71010 Peschici,
The Italians flock here in August but foreigners have not yet discovered Peschici, so come out of season when the lovely beaches and fresh-fish restaurants are idyllically uncrowded and you can watch the fishermen sort their catch on the front. Francesco and Antonella's 16th-century farmhouse is 500 metres from the sea: park under an ancient olive tree and climb up to the reception terrace whence to drink in the views. On another terrace, teak loungers flank a sparkling pool and the air is scented with citrus. The B&B rooms, some in the main house, some in an attractive separate building, are light, cool and simply furnished, with good little shower rooms. Family rooms have ladders up to childrens' mezzanines. Your hosts, a delightful pair, vibrant and full of fun, have five hectares of olive groves and a big kitchen garden. The olive oil and vegetables supply their restaurant and the food is divine – hard not to love the typically Puglian dishes and the local wines. Breakfast on the terrace is a treat too, a wonderful start to a day among the splendours of the Gargano National Park. Fabulous for walkers.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited La Chiusa delle More?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 2 Family rooms for 4
Loc. Padula, 71010 Peschici, Foggia