Via Capo d’Orso 35, 07020 Palau,
Not so long ago, this tranquil place was inaccessible among immense rocks and cork oaks. Deserted after the death of Gianmichele's grandfather, it was rescued by Jane and Gianmichele in 1985. Then they began entertaining friends. English-born Jane is an inspired cook of Sardinian food and they eventually created a delightful restaurant, now under an excellent Moroccan chef who uses home-grown, organic produce – pecorino, ricotta, salamis, hams, preserves, liqueurs – to prepare well-reputed traditional and local food. And they have added four immaculate, simple, white-painted bedrooms, each with a shower. Jane looks after guests as she would like to be looked after herself, so staying here is like being in the home of a relaxed and hospitable friend. Li Licci has its own wells, producing the most delicious clear water, and a 2,000-year-old olive tree. Breakfast is outside in summer, overlooking the oak woods and hills of Gallura, or by the fire in the converted stables in winter: either way, a superb start to a day's walking, climbing or sailing... or lazing on the north coast beaches.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Li Licci?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Twin
- 1 Family room for 4
Minimum stay two nights.
Via Capo d’Orso 35, 07020 Palau, Sassari