Cordiality, tranquillity, simplicity, at the end of a long winding road. Built in 1850, modernised in 2003, the plain granite 'stazzu gallurese' still keeps its reed-woven ceiling, its corner fireplace, its little windows: there's no artifice here. This charming Milanese couple swapped the city for nature and beaches (eight miles off), lone cattle grazing, peasant foods and homemade wines: life in the slow lane. He is a garden designer and has created an ornamental and a vegetable garden in harmony with the landscape; she is a translator. They give you your own bright sitting room with a rustic bohemian décor – vine branches and sea shells, a comfortable sofa, a simple table and chairs – off which is a sweet bedroom with soothing colours and polished cement floor. The bathroom has a bath with a curtain and a washing machine; all is spotless, frill-free. Breakfasts, in contrast, are sumptuous: yogurts, fruits, pastries, cakes, quiches, cheeses, eggs and cold cuts, brought to the pergola in summer. Discover a hinterland of cork oaks and wild olives, return to a hammock slung between the trees.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Relax on sandy beaches or snorkeling rocky bays within 20 km.
- Great farmer's markets for delicious cheese, cold cuts and fruit.
- Visit the eldest wild Olive tree in Europe (4.000 years old).
- Sailing & Surfing in the blue sea between Sardinia and Corsica.
- Wine tasting in the region of Vermentino.
- Visit the archaeological site of La Prisgiona (1.400 b.c. nuragiccivilisation).
Have you visited Stazzo Chivoni?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
Minimum stay 2 nights.
07020 Luogosanto, Olbia-Tempio