Ursino Roof Garden
Castello Ursino 69, 95121 Catania,
Hovering over Catania's 13th-century castello and lively square is a huge, wonderful terrace adorned with tropical plants and white pebbles. You can barbecue and dine out here, snooze in the hammock, or just lean over and watch Sicilian life flow by. The terrace is the focal point of this light, contemporary apartment, which architect Max designed above a 20th-century palazzo. Bold yellow and blue splashes enliven a monochrome theme; hand-painted majolica tiles add a touch of nostalgia in a state-of-the-art kitchen; and, in the living room, glass walls throw light onto a skinny dining table, quirky lampshades, wall-to-wall bookshelves and a slinky leather chair in which to read. Up free-standing metal stairs you find drenching showers, rectangular sinks and translucent bathroom doors. One room has a sofabed and a small terrace with an outdoor shower and views to Mt Etna (whose slopes make for interesting trekking and skiing). The nearby food market is famous for fish, and restaurants abound. Born and bred in Catania, Max knows all the secrets of Sicily's east coast, from hilltop Taormina to the best beaches.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited Ursino Roof Garden?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Apartment for 4
Extra bed/sofabed available from €150 to €250 per person per night.
Minimum stay: 3 nights on weekdays. 3 nights at weekends. 3 nights in high season. Children over 12 welcome. Short breaks available.
Castello Ursino 69, 95121 Catania, Catania