Vicolo dei Nassaiuoli 15, 90133 Palermo,
Such a pretty, peaceful little place, reached through a private courtyard and up steps splashed with flowers. Jasmine stands away from tourist bustle in a 10th-century courtyard in the old Arab quarter; you are enveloped in the history of handsome Palermo yet all you hear are the birds. Irish-turned-Sicilian, the delightful Mary lives round the corner, leaves breakfast supplies in your kitchen, is involved in conservation, and can keep you entertained for hours with her insights into local mores. Her vertical, newly renovated 'doll's house' is adorable and the layout's fun. You step up to the bedroom on the first floor, then up to the little living area, then up again to the rooftop terrace. The bathroom is cute, the bedroom has its own wicker sofa and the living room has a lovely lived-in feel – plenty of books and well-chosen fabrics and furniture. Finally, an iron spiral leads to that leafy terrace, an oasis shaded by bamboo blinds, bliss for breakfast or a pre-dinner drink. From spring to late autumn, evenings in La Kalsa are a feast of fun and street theatre. Winter has its own charms.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Chez Jasmine is located in the centre of the Old Town or Centro Storico in Palermo with its magnificently-restored historical buildings, some going back to the Arab-Norman period, and its numerous cafes, wine bars, restaurants, concert halls and museums.
- Almost everything of interest in the city in within easy walking distance. Of particular interest are the two museums Palazzo Abatellis and the renovated convent of Sant’Anna, now the Galleria di Arte Moderno, both a stone’s throw from the apartment.
- Both Palermo’s spectacular Teatro Massimo Opera House, with its sublime choir, and the Teatro Politeama, boast magnificent symphonic orchestras.
- As there is a fully-equipped kitchen Chez Jasmine, guests often prefer to walk up to the Ballarò foodmarket, with its abundance of fresh local produce, and later enjoy al fresco dining on the roof garden.
- Almost invariably a gentle sea breeze blows in via Piazza Kalsa, bringing a sense of well-being and the reminder that from Phoenician times onwards Sicily has been coveted for its beauty and the wealth of its natural resources.
- To ensure that guests are fully aware of the many charms that Palermo has to offer, they are provided with a set of guidelines indicating the towns many charms, as well as useful services.
Have you visited Chez Jasmine?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 2
Minimum stay: 3 nights on weekdays. 3 nights at weekends. 3 nights in high season.
Vicolo dei Nassaiuoli 15, 90133 Palermo, Palermo