Contrada Nacalino, sn, 97015 Modica,
Concetta and Fillippo have bags of enthusiasm for their agriturismo, their food (it's exceptional), their children, and their eventful lives. They've been doing B&B in this pretty area of southern Sicily for over a decade now but there's no sign of their slowing down; everything is done with Sicilian energy, humour and flair. Simple bedrooms in the old stables border a grassy square with tables and chairs so you can sit out in the sun, while the rooms above the restaurant are more elegant, with high ceilings and polished chests at the foot of handsome beds. Dinner is a fabulous regional experience and everything is home-produced, from the olive oils to the wines. It's a great spot for families too – children will enjoy getting to know the friendly donkeys, and there's a communal sitting room stuffed with books and games for dreary days. The sea isn't far; Modica is a half-hour drive. Little English is spoken here but you'll leave with new friendships made – even if you haven't managed to exchange a single word in the same language!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Filippo & Concetta Colombo:
- Owners also have self-catering apartments 8 km away.
- Modica offers not only Baroque churches and ancient alleys but also golden beaches and unspoilt countryside.
- There are several hiking routes in the territory of Modica, ones which you can not miss are to the Tellesimo river, the Cava d'Ispica and Conca del Salto.
- Da quest 'anno all' agriturismo Nacalino c'è un interessante novità : oltre alla classica cena (30 euro pp) viene servito anche un gustoso light meal (20 euro pp).
Have you visited Nacalino Agriturismo?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Twin/doubles
- 2 Triples
- 7 Family rooms for 3 - 4
Singles from €50 to €70. Dinner, B&B from €20 to €30 per person.
Minimum stay: 5 nights in high season. Pets by arrangement.
Contrada Nacalino, sn, 97015 Modica, Ragusa