Loc. Creti C.S. 40, 52044 Cortona,
A glass of wine at a table in the orchard. Birdsong for background music – or occasionally foreground, if the family rooster is feeling conversational. And a panorama of Tuscan landscape. Bellavista is well-named: its stunning all-round views take in Monte Amiata, Foiano della Chiana and the old Abbey of Farneta. There was a farm here for 200 years but the house was extensively restored about 30 years ago. It still has the original brick exterior, now softened by creepers, and a welcoming, family atmosphere: lovely Simonetta and Guido have two teenage children. There's an assured, uncluttered country elegance to the rooms, while pretty, airy bedrooms are furnished with family antiques and interesting textiles; two have their own balcony with views onto the garden. Simonetta's kitchen has a huge marble table top for kneading bread and she cooks farmhouse food for her guests: delicious; breakfasts are lavish, cookery lessons are a treat. Roam the Arezzo province in true Italian style: vespas and bikes are free and there's a beautiful 65km route to test them on. Italian family B&B at its finest.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Casa Bellavista is in Tuscany, just on the border with Umbria.It is immersed in the green hills of Cortona, a short way from important sites such as Arezzo, Monterchi, , Pienza, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Siena, and the magnificent Umbria.
- We offer four rooms with private bathroom: the Pink Room, the Green Room the Blue Room and the Pheasants Room .All are furnished, as is the rest of the house, with antiques from the 18th to 20th Centuries
- The rooms and bathrooms are serviced daily A buffet breakfast is served in our dining room, with all the guests seated around a single table.
- Dinner can be arranged at Casa Bellavista, with traditional Tuscan dishes. Upon request cooking courses and oil tasting are organised.
- Casa Bellavista is the ideal place for those visiting central Italy, who wish to relax with a glass of good wine whilst admiring the rolling Tuscan hills.
Have you visited Casa Bellavista?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
Loc. Creti C.S. 40, 52044 Cortona, Arezzo