Via di Campolungo 297/B, 50036 Florence,
Half way up the hill, high above the Mugnone valley, is this blissful and bucolic spot; you could be miles from anywhere. But no: there's a pizzeria you can walk to and Florence can be glimpsed through the trees. Surrounded by olive orchards and fields, Il Fornaccio (the 'bread oven') is a 16th-century farmhouse whose oak and chestnut beams and terracotta floors have been beautifully restored. Loredana lives here with young daughter Eleonora, loves company (and dogs: meet the elderly German shepherd), gives you private sunbeds and tranquil seating corners and prepares breakfasts of homemade cakes, yogurts, fruits and jams before she leaves for work. Bedrooms feel lived in and loved, one reached via the living room, the other below, with a private kitchenette and a charming courtyard under the spreading linden tree: perfect for families. Both rooms have spectacular views. On cooler days you can share Loredana's books, fire and CDs; in summer you be sitting at the rustic stone table in the refreshing shade of the ancient oak, or plucking cherries and figs from the trees. Lovely.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Have you visited Il Fornaccio?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
Via di Campolungo 297/B, 50036 Florence, Florence