Locanda le Boscarecce
Via Renai 19, 50051 Castelfiorentino,
A sparkling star in Tuscany's firmament. Susanna is full of life and laughter, her daughter Swan is equally warm – and an accomplished sommelier. Susanna concocts dishes that people travel miles to discover. Fruit, vegetables, herbs and olive oil are all home grown, there are plenty of wines in the cellar and, outside, the biggest pizza oven ever. The 200-year-old locanda is on a ridge, embracing fields and farms and heavenly sunsets. Bedrooms in the farmhouse are part rustic, part refined, with bold colours and pretty lace at the windows, each space unique. Beds are modern and comfortable, furniture 18th and 19th-century, bathrooms have bath tubs and showers, and some rooms have kitchenettes. Tennis, cycling, swimming in the saltwater pool with its panoramic view – all are possible; or simply relax under the dreamy gazebo and dip into an art book from the library. Even the geography is enticing, in the charmed triangle formed by Florence, Siena and Pisa. Heart-warming, creative and definitely special.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Ask about cookery courses, and wine, cheese & olive oil tasting.
- For the guests that are staying at the end of october it will be possible to see our saffron cultivation and learn how to use this incredible spice
Have you visited Locanda le Boscarecce?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 3 Triples
- 1 Quadruple
Special Offer: May Offer 2 dinners free for a weekly stay - Week-long stay between 1st & 31st May 2014 in a room with splendid view, bathroom and breakfast, 2 dinners for 2 people included. instead of €770 & little present on arrival.
10 November - 15 March.
Via Renai 19, 50051 Castelfiorentino, Florence