Via Borgo dell'Ore 1, 50035 Palazzuolo sul Senio,
Food is king here, slow food: genuine home cooking with home-grown fruit and veg from Roberta and, in the restaurant, much gastronomic lore from Ercole. Echoing the movement to revive lost medieval traditions, they are passionate about wild herbs and 'forgotten' fruits. Take a cookery course (included if you stay three nights). The prosciutto from rare-breed maiale medievale is delicious; breakfast is a feast of homemade delights; dinner a leisurely treat served in the cosy little log-fired restaurant. The inn (albergo diffuso) occupies a stunning spot in a quiet town in the Mugello valley, surrounded by rolling hills... there are guided walks through the woods, gastronomic meanders through the valley. Bedrooms are comfortable and pretty with country antiques – but lash out on a suite if you can; they're in the 17th-century building with original fireplaces. Roberta and Ercole are very proud of their wellbeing centre, too – the jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath have a delicious, calming aroma. Steps lead up to a pool with an amazing view; body and soul are nurtured; walkers are in heaven. Special indeed.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Ercole & Roberta Lega:
- The village of Palazzuolo sul Senio is found on the border of another very interesting Region being Emilia Romagna. Both Regions will ensure that your stay will give you even more opportunities of things to do, to see and to experience.
- The local train station in Marradi (just 11 km away) offers a very simple and cheap way to travel directly to the main station in the centre of Florence and further on to other Tuscan destinations such as Lucca, Pisa and Arezzo.
- Going the opposite direction into Emilia Romagna, one can reach very interesting places such as Bologna and Ravenna as well as Faenza, Brisighella, Cesena but even Parma and Modena.
- The village of Palazzuolo sul Senio is a small calm Italian rural community with its restaurants, cafés, terraces, quaint shops, the market and naturally the friendly locals. Just walk down to the village for a caffe’, cappuccino or an aperitivo.
- The village is surrounded by hills and woods therefore an ideal setting for walking, trekking, (mountain)biking, horseback riding or just simply relaxing.
- Take part in cookery classes - Ercole will explain to you how to make the local food, with you as a guest-cook helping and making your own dishes in the kitchen with him. We can also organise wine tasting sessions at the wine producer itself.
Have you visited Locanda Senio?Tell us your thoughts.
- 6 Twin/doubles
- 2 Suites for 3
Via Borgo dell'Ore 1, 50035 Palazzuolo sul Senio, Florence