Podere La Casellina Agriturismo
Via Poggio alla Croce 60, 50063 Figline Valdarno,
Come here for life's slow rhythm – and for this warm, honest and lovely family. The grandparents arrived in 1936, when the little church put the podere into their hands; they and young Michelangelo have worked the land ever since. Anyone wishing to experience 'real' Italian peasant life (vita del contadino) should come here; so little has changed at La Casellina, inside or out. Simple spotless bedrooms, in the old hayloft and stables, have very comfortable beds and views of the San Pietro al Terreno's church. All the food, oil and produce is deliciously Slow, while the landscape, between Chianti and Valdarno, is exquisite; you have the chestnut woods of the Chianti mountains to one side, oaks, cypresses and olives to the other. Learn to prune vines and pick olives on the farm; gather chestnuts and wild mushrooms in the woods. Go riding or biking, then return to Grandma's recipes – the grape flan is scrumptious and there's passion fruit for breakfast. Michelangelo is a dear, talks to the animals as though they were family and speaks brilliant English.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Michelangelo & Silvia Bensi:
- Ask about cookery classes.
Have you visited Podere La Casellina Agriturismo?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
Special Offer: End of Winter - a very special price at Podere La Casellina 48euros per person per day half board (and the chance.... to help with pruning vines) children as usual for free
Via Poggio alla Croce 60, 50063 Figline Valdarno, Florence