Casa San Gabriel
CP No 29, V. Petrarca No 2, 06015 Pierantonio,
Enjoy David's wine on arrival, absorb the view of cultivated and wooded hills and unwind. Chrissie and David, warm, generous, thoughtful, bought the farmstead in a ruinous state and did it all up in under a year. The little 'houses', private but close, each with its own terrace, are suitable for singles, couples or families. The restoration is sympathetic, unpretentious, delightful, the off-white décor and soft furnishings enhancing undulating beams and stone walls; the bathrooms are lovely. Supplies are left for breakfast on your first morning and should last until you're ready to venture out. Your hosts produce their own wine, olive oil and seasonal herbs and vegetables, which you can pick from the garden. Feed a friendly, fluffy alpaca, or take advantage of the library of books and board games on offer in the main house. David cooks on Tuesdays, and Thursday is pizza night – your chance to use an original wood-fired oven. Bliss to have Perugia so nearby – a 20-minute drive – and to return to a pool with views down the valley all the way to Assisi, a bottle of chilled Orvieto by your side.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Christina Todd & David Lang:
- Casa San Gabriel is located in a stunning valley where there are many wonderful walks, through olive groves, vineyards and a short drive can take you to the start of a hike to Monte Tezio, set at 1000 metres gives the most spectacular views of the area.
- Truffle hunting tours can be organised in the local area followed by a truffle degustation meal at L'Antica Osteria restaurant located in the idyllic hill top town of Montone.
- Antognolla Golf is located less than 2 kms from Casa San Gabriel and guests can enjoy the challenging 18 hole Robert Trent Jones championship course. A drink or a meal can be enjoyed at the wonderful club house restaurant.
- Lake Trasimeno (20 minutes from Casa San Gabriel) offers a wide array of activities. Visit one of the child friendly beaches, take a ferry to Isola Maggiore or the nature reserve of Isola Polvese or hire a boat for the day and explore this beautiful Lake.
- There are a host of wonderful towns to visit in the area including Assisi, Gubbio, Cortona, Arezzo, Perugia, Todi, all located less than 1 hour from the property.
- The area is perfect for mountain biking and road biking. Chrissie can arrange for guests to hire a bike during their stay.
Have you visited Casa San Gabriel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Apartments for 2 - 4
Price per night for double €95 (for min. 2 night stay, Oct - May).
Minimum stay 2 nights, Oct - May only.
CP No 29, V. Petrarca No 2, 06015 Pierantonio, Perugia