Fraz. S. Cristina 22, 06024 Gubbio,
A big, solid, traditional style farmhouse – meticulously restored after the Assisi earthquake – with chestnut windows, shutters, doors, and achingly beautiful panoramas across wooded hills, farmland, olive groves and the odd tower-topped hamlet; you feel on top of the world. Paved paths lead through old olive and cherry trees, lavender and herbs (plus a little veg patch for guests to raid) to a hammock, pergola and exquisitely sited infinity pool. The cowshed cottage is cosy, the bedrooms in the farmhouse are simple and spare, with their tiled floors, beamed ceilings, locally made fabrics and ceramics, and 'memory foam' mattresses to ensure deep sleep. Everywhere, lots of child-friendly space. Your lovely eco-conscious hosts Salvatore and Sarah ensure a special stay and think of every last detail: lavender bags, flowers, their own olive oil, truffle and asparagus foraging tips, local lore; pizza and pasta making (and eating), too. Sip Sal's homemade limoncellos over sublime sunsets on the terrace, gaze at the stars. And look forward to your discovery of this history steeped, culturally rich region.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Salvatore & Sarah Marano:
- There are enough medieval hilltop towns within easy reach to keep you busy for many return trips & always see something new. We have plenty of tips to keep the kids happy too. Join in with one of the many exciting festivals celebrated throughout the year.
- Umbria boasts outstanding natural beauty and truly impressive landscapes for you to enjoy. There are some wonderful walking opportunities right from our doorstep but we also have good quality trail maps for spectacular national parks and Lake Trasimeno.
- Immerse you senses with wine tasting, catered evenings and pasta making courses here ‘at home’ at La Cuccagna or let us arrange a tour at a fabulous organic vineyard.
- For the adrenalin junkies among you we make arrangements for paragliding, caving and whitewater rafting (to mention just a few) with our contacts who are safe and reliable.
- For those wanting to take home souvenirs we make recommendations with local artists, artisans and food producers that you wouldn’t find on the tourist trail.
- We happily give our guests useful tips to get ‘off the beaten track’ and experience the very best our local area has to offer so we look forward to meeting you and sharing some of our best kept local secrets.
Have you visited La Cuccagna?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
- 1 Cottage
- 1 Suite
Minimum 3 nights.
January to mid-March.
Fraz. S. Cristina 22, 06024 Gubbio, Perugia