Le Terre di Poreta - Borgo della Marmotta
Poreta 74, 06049 Spoleto,
No one fuses the past with the present so perfectly as the Italians. This venerable 150-hectare estate, in the family since 1673, lies in a landscape of beauty and tranquillity. Approach through olive groves with valley views, wash up at a borgo in the hamlet of Poreta. The square, the stables, the sheepfold, the granary, the mill – all have been exquisitely revived. Two friendly dogs and owner Filippo, tall, languid and charming, live in the villa up on the hill and welcome you on board. The Borgo exudes exclusivity yet feels unexpectedly relaxed. Imagine exposed stones and rustic rafters, colourwashed walls in muted earth tones, elegant rugs on terracotta floors, four-posters draped in soft cotton, upholstered bedheads, ancient doors, a sunken bath tub like a Turkish hamman: these are spaces to linger in. With a dining room and a multi-sofa'd 'salotto', a sauna, a kitchen for cookery courses and a trio of pools, it's a resort of the classiest kind. They're into Slow Food here and breakfasts are plentiful, served under the pergola in summer. Good value, too.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Le Terre di Poreta - Borgo della Marmotta?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Doubles
- 4 Twin/doubles
- 7 Apartments for 4
Easter & Christmas.
Poreta 74, 06049 Spoleto, Perugia