Villa Pian di Cascina
An amazing surprise at the top of the hill: an old farmhouse in acres of land with heavenly views and broom on the breeze. Isabel and Paul are bringing up a young family and living the dream, and their enthusiasm is infectious. Three self-catering houses stand in a row, each with a barbecue terrace: two-storey Cascina, characterful Villetta and cosy little Cantina. The barn, Granaio, has been converted into four ground-floor apartments, and interiors are fresh and immaculate. Find sofas, armchairs, log-burning stoves, excellent kitchens and wrought-iron beds, tiled floors, rustic walls, the odd beam. Books, games, DVDs, cots, stair gates, high chairs abound, outside is fenced pool (with views), a baby pool alongside, a grassy field for ping pong, volley ball, swings, slide and boules… in July and August it's family heaven. Organic gardens planted with cherries, apricots, almonds open to countryside and woods, and if you don't wish to cook, Isabel's food is fabulous. Take the old unsignposted mountain road to Assisi for stunning views, drop in on Bevagna's gorgeous churches on the way. Magic in Umbria.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Paul & Isabel Farber:
- In the cooler months, we offer walking and cycling holidays for those who enjoy an active break.
- In season we offer a daily bread delivery service - order the night before for delicious fresh baked croissants and bread. Also, pick your own organic raspberries, in season.
- We offer tutored cooking lessons at the villa. Menus can be tailored to suit your tastes and interests or provided for you. Lessons are in English – so language isn’t a problem!
- Rome is just 2.5 hours by train – ideal for a day trip. We are just 20 minutes by taxi from the station of Fossato di Vico on the main line. Train travel is relatively inexpensive in Italy. Parking is free at Fossato Di Vico station
- Local shops within walking distance.
- Assisi, Gubbio, Perugia, Spello, and the caves of Frassasi all within 45 minutes’ car drive.
Have you visited Villa Pian di Cascina?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Apartments for 2 - 8
Whole place can be booked for groups of up to 30. Short breaks available (min 4 nights).
06024 Gubbio, Perugia