Calle della Masena 1476B, 30123 Venice,
Tuck yourself away a stone's throw from Venice's lively Zattere promenade. Richard and Suzette's quest for a Venetian bolthole led them down a narrow lane in vibrant Dorsoduro to Ca' Masena, the ground-floor apartment of a beautifully restored mill house. Perfect for couples, small groups, families with children of all ages (as long as they're well-behaved!), this place has spacious light-filled rooms filled with antique lights, long silk curtains and Richard's wonderful oil paintings. Exposed beams in the master bedroom reveal the structure's centuries-old origins, complimented by a fresh modern twist; adults can sleep on comfy sofabeds in the good-sized living room. You're at the centre of the Arts of the 'città dell'amore' with countless galleries and museums on your doorstep, not least the Guggenheim. Take a stroll to La Salute church where the Grand Canal meets the Bacino di San Marco; the views across the lagoon are incredible. Want to stay in? Cookery books, DVDs, CDs, an iPod dock are at your disposal, and there's surround sound. Or take an aperitivo al fresco to the delightful walled courtyard.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Ca' Masena is situated in Dorsoduro, one of the most desirable areas in historic Venice, just off the magnificent Zattere waterfront where Venetians take evening strolls, ʻLa Passeggiataʼ. It is centrally located yet away from Saint Mark's maddening crowds
- We are literally round the corner from one of Venice's rare supermarkets & only a couple of minutes walk away from the San Basilio & Zattere Vaporetti (water bus stops). Also within easy reach are other transport links such as Piazzale Roma and S. Lucia
- Zattere has amazing views across to Giudecca Island and Palladio's famous Redentore church. The Redentore Festival takes place here, and is the highlight of the year in Venice.
- La Salute Church at the end of the waterfront, marks the point where the Grand Canal meets the Bacino di San Marco, from which you can see the whole expanse of the lagoon.
- Other local attractions are the Accademia, Guggenheim and Punta della Dogana Art Museums all near the Accademia Bridge, which itself affords the best view of the entrance to the Grand Canal...literally stunning views are to be enjoyed here.
- Not far away is Campo Barnaba, with its famous floating vegetable ʻshopʼ, and slightly further on is Campo Santa Margherita one of the liveliest squares in Venice with cafes, restaurants and a daily food market. Dorsoduro has it all!
Have you visited Ca' Masena?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Apartment for 3
Calle della Masena 1476B, 30123 Venice, Venice