Quinta do Scoto
Rua Dr. Teixeira Bastos, Melecas, 2635-314 Sintra,
Central Portugal, Portugal
The manor house was built in 1746 for the chaplain of the Marques de Pombal and much of his magnificent furniture remains. This has been an epic restoration for English owners Penny and Tony who have fascinating stories to tell; note the tiled friezes inside and the stone aqueducts in the grounds. Your hosts couldn't be nicer or more helpful, they're child-friendly, have a daughter of their own, Charlotte, and have thought of everything to make your stay special. Big, elegant bedrooms – two in the house, the rest in the barn – are uncluttered and TV-free; bathrooms are spotless and new; one bath has been made from a wine press. Being so close to Lisbon – on the seam of suburbia and the rural beyond – there's lots to see and do: Sintra, Obidos, beaches, all a train ride away. Breakfasts set you up beautifully for a busy day (homemade scones, chutneys, jams, eggs from their hens), the saltwater pool, lined with striped loungers, is a dream to come home to; there are ponies to ride and Izzy – the Portuguese waterdog – is the star of the show. Space and comfort in great measure... and perfect peace under the stars.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
Little gems of local knowledge from Tony Ross:
- Included in your suite will be a complimentary bottle of wine, a minibar stocked initially with beer, soft drinks, water, milk, fresh fruit, biscuits and tea and coffee.
- A perfect spot for couples.
Have you visited Quinta do Scoto?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Suites for 3 - 6
- 1 Twin
Includes bottle of wine and minibar, stocked on arrival.
Rua Dr. Teixeira Bastos, Melecas, 2635-314 Sintra, Estremadura