Cortijo El Guarda
Car.de Olvera s/n, 11693 Alcala del Valle,
At the green and rolling heart of the Serrania de Ronde, where fighting bulls are reared and trained, Hans and Miranda have brought their Dutch mastery to a 500-year-old cortijo. Once the property of the Dukes of Alba, this former guardhouse is a blaze of alabaster walls and mellow terracotta roof tiles, and through the archway everything radiates from the cobbled courtyard... the perfect spot (as is the terrace beyond the pool) for an al fresco breakfast of homemade breads, jams and fruit. You can be as private as you like here and slip into the feeling of remoteness without actually being so, and the marvellous communal dining hall will always welcome you each morning beneath a chestnut-beamed ceiling. After an excellent dinner in the village, retire to the library, admire the collection of Asian necklaces or cosy up to the log-burning estufa in winter; then retreat to luxuriously unfussy bedrooms. Combining the best of minimalist Dutch with authentic Andaluz, each is artistically themed and the plump Colombian lady in Room 3 beneath the 'mirador' will do their best to distract you from the ravishing views.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
Have you visited Cortijo El Guarda?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Twin/double
- 4 Doubles
Car.de Olvera s/n, 11693 Alcala del Valle, Cádiz