Finca El Sueño
El Soto 64, 11150 Vejer de la Frontera,
When summer's heat hits Andalucia's 'Coast of Light', you'll relish a siesta in these charmingly simple country cottages just minutes inland, near whitewashed Vejer de la Frontera. On eight acres of ecologically managed estate – some of it down on the river flats – are four white open-plan casitas with big sofas on terracotta floors, bright kitchen tiles under high wood ceilings, wood-burners for cool nights, and all you need to keep small children happy. Swim in the safely fenced pool, barbecue in the shade of trees and climbing vines, stroll the Citrus Walk or relish the heady breath of ornamental herb gardens. If you're feeling flush, rent the more luxurious cortijo for eight, with its two sitting rooms and open fires, its four-poster beds and great double-ended baths. It has its own panoramic pool, with bar and terrace, and gazes down to a water meadow teeming with nature. Tear yourself away to long soft sand beaches that are virtually empty until noon, go horse-riding, hire a bike or take a whale-watching tour; you could even pop over to Tangier. Chus the manager is full of helpful advice.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Sean and Tanya MacRae:
- Some of the best undeveloped beaches on the Costa de la Luz are minutes away, from wide sandy family beaches to mud baths & secret coves. Explore the coast between the seaport of Tarifa to cultural Cadiz - Bolonia with roman ruins & sand dune is a must
- Bountiful fresh ingredients available in local daily markets & restaurants, with catering & shopping services also available. A wonderful chef offers cookery courses for all ages, market mornings, wine & sherry tasting, as well as delicious tapas tours.
- Enjoy a wealth of activities, culture & wildlife on your doorstep - visit one of the 265 regional ferias & carnivals, explore historical Jerez & Seville. Morocco is an easy day trip, or take a nature safari through Donana with a local guide or by boat.
- Sample the wares of a bodega, enjoy a guided market tour or tailor-made cookery course; treat yourself to a handwoven shawl, leather bags, basketware, Moroccan ironwork & bright pottery; brush up on your language skills or even try some authentic Flamenco
- Family fun in the school holidays with plenty of beaches, activities & childminding - the layout of the finca is ideal to meet new friends by the pool and play area, while the Cortijo is also very popular year-round with families & friends sharing.
- Just 15 km from Morocco & North Africa, the finca sits in a unique corner of Spain - a living window into the country's rich natural heritage from ancient Roman & Moorish influences to vibrant modern Spain and the ever-present sea. Bienvenido!
Have you visited Finca El Sueño?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Cottages for 2 - 6
- 1 House for 8
Special Offer: Fantastic Late Spring Sun OFFers - until 24 May! - 25% week of 19-26 April & 20% weeks 26 April-24 May - save up to €450 p/week. Escape to warm sunshine, golden beaches, a wealth of culture & activities & fabulous restaurants & markets. Bienvenido!
El Soto 64, 11150 Vejer de la Frontera, Cádiz