Finca El Sueño
El Soto 64, 11150 Vejer de la Frontera,
When summer's heat hits Andalucia's 'Coast of Light', you'll relish a siesta in these charmingly simple country cottages just minutes inland, near whitewashed Vejer de la Frontera. On eight acres of ecologically managed estate – some of it down on the river flats – are four white open-plan casitas with big sofas on terracotta floors, bright kitchen tiles under high wood ceilings, wood-burners for cool nights, and all you need to keep small children happy. Swim in the safely fenced pool, barbecue in the shade of trees and climbing vines, stroll the Citrus Walk or relish the heady breath of ornamental herb gardens. If you're feeling flush, rent the more luxurious cortijo for eight, with its two sitting rooms and open fires, its four-poster beds and great double-ended baths. It has its own panoramic pool, with bar and terrace, and gazes down to a water meadow teeming with nature. Tear yourself away to long soft sand beaches that are virtually empty until noon, go horse-riding, hire a bike or take a whale-watching tour; you could even pop over to Tangier. Chus the manager is full of helpful advice.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Sean and Tanya MacRae:
- Some of the best undeveloped beaches on the Costa de la Luz are just a few minutes away, from wide sandy family beaches to mud baths and secret coves
- Bountiful fresh ingredients available in local daily markets & restaurants with a daily fresh bread delivery - a wonderful chef also offers cookery courses, market mornings, wine & sherry tasting & tapas tours.
- The finca is ideally located for those seeking the ‘real’ Spain. Enjoy ferias and carnivals, with a wealth of culture on offer in Cadiz, Seville and the Alhambra in Granada. Morocco is also within an easy day trip
- Wildlife abounds with many rare birds around our ecological finca (including the Northern Bald Ibis), or go further afield with whale & dolphin watching, birdwatching and nature tours in the National Parks with a wonderful local guide
- Family fun in the school holidays with plenty of beaches, activities & childminding - the layout of the finca is ideal to meet new friends by the pool, while the Cortijo is also very popular with two or extended families sharing
Have you visited Finca El Sueño?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Cottages for 2 - 6
- 1 House for 8
Special Offer: 20% Summer Sunshine Offer - save €200 for either week of 1-8 June & 8-15 June in a 3 bedroom Casita. Enjoy wonderful local restaurants, golden beaches & range of culture & activities. ¡Bienvendio!
Valid from 16/05/2013 till 15/06/2013
Please see owner's website for special offers.
El Soto 64, 11150 Vejer de la Frontera, Cádiz