c/Ruedo Dona Elvira 16, 29400 Ronda,
Anahid is a vital mix of Armenian Lebanese with a good shaking of Anglo Californian, which means she's practical, funny, hugely enthusiastic… and a touch enigmatic. With the renovation complete of this 18th-century townhouse in the former Arabic district of Ronda, she cooked a large Lebanese meal for the tearfully grateful local builders; groups of six or more can order the same treatment. Pass through Arabian Nights doorways with the recurring theme of a turban arch painted above them to find an intimate plant-filled patio with fountain and two round mosaic tables where breakfast takes place, enhanced by tasty local 'molletes' (Arabic flat buns) and 'labane' (salted, drained and minted yogurt). The scent of jasmine follows the metal stairs all the way to the top terrace and a rooftop panorama accompanied by church bells and birdsong. Traditional bedrooms appear on different levels, with artistic touches in flower murals and decorative curls on metal-frame beds; the bathrooms are ordinary. 'Safra' is a favourite, painted yellow and graced by a lovely alcove window seat with table and wicker chairs.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Baraka?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
- 1 Suite
Mid-December to mid-January.
c/Ruedo Dona Elvira 16, 29400 Ronda, Málaga