c/. Santo Cristo, 2, 29788 Frigiliana,
A charming, quirky village home with Mediterranean views over the valley to the sea. In the family for years, it's now a sweet bolthole for four upstairs, that spills over to the converted stables below – so you can squeeze in eight if you're friendly. Enter a higgledy-piggledy house of hand-worked wood, bright white paint and terracotta floors bearing tiny mosaics and Moorish rugs; rustic yet elegant and dancing with family artworks. There's a built-in barbecue on the terrace; dine out with the views, or inside in the dining room on cooler evenings. Bedrooms – a double and a bunk room both above and below, and an extra kitchen downstairs. Go with the flow of village life: stroll to your favourite tapas bar, shop at the weekly market, snatch a siesta in the afternoon heat. Head to the beach one day, hike the Alpujarra hills the next, attend the festivals that punctuate the year. And once you're settled on the terrace with tapas and a chilled glass of fino, you'll forgive the long climb up from the village and its nearest parking space. Helpful Sarah and Steve look after the house and know the area well. Great value.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
Little gems of local knowledge from Shaun Flanagan:
- Caves of Nerja - world renowned caves with stalagtites and stalagmites.
- Less than 1 hour to Granada with its World famous Alahambra Palace
- Surrounded by plenty of walking opportunities in beautiful national parks
- Set in delightful village, once voted most beautiful village in Spain
- Many unspoilt beaches nearby
Have you visited La Mina?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Houses for 2 - 8
c/. Santo Cristo, 2, 29788 Frigiliana, Málaga