La Posada de San Marcos
Colón 12, 21340 Alájar,
A treat to discover the land of cork oaks and chestnuts, of plodding donkeys and sturdy black pigs – source of the famed 'pata negra'; seek it out in the bars and restaurants that line Alájar's cobbled streets. But you can also dine here, at Lucy and Angel's new hotel, on delicious regional dishes that have been (as far as possible) locally and seasonally sourced: they are passionate exponents of the Slow Food movement. La Posada de San Marcos is also one of the most environmental hotels in Spain. Its newly renovated walls are painted with natural pigments, its windows are double glazed, its lighting is low consumption. Basins are shallow to save on water, the swimming pool helps cool the house in summer, ground source energy keeps it warm in winter. There's a lovely big sitting room with original beams, smart modern sofas and roaring log fire; a self-service bar with an honesty book; a dining room down in the basement; outdoor tables for balmy nights. Functional comfortable bedrooms, the quietest upstairs, share a terrace facing the garden, and the garden has views to the valley below. The sunsets are amazing.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited La Posada de San Marcos?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 3 Twin/doubles
Special Offer: Enjoy 30% off stays of 2 nights or more! - From 2nd Jan to 31st March 2014 - see www.sawdays.co.uk/hotelsale for details
Colón 12, 21340 Alájar, Sevilla