El Habana Country Hotel
La Pereda s/n, 33509 Llanes,
Lush meadows, grazing cows, dry-stone walls – such is the rural beauty of Asturias, where gently rolling farmland gives way to the foothills of the Cuera Mountains. The hotel is a contemporary version of the traditional Asturian house, and is charming within. Plants, rugs on warm terracotta floors, modern art, subtle lighting. Much of the furniture comes from Mariá Eugenia's home in New Delhi; exquisite wooden pieces collected on trips to India are for sale. The friendly atmosphere goes up a notch in the dining room, the hub of the hotel. Here, regulars and visitors congregate for excellent Asturian dishes, served from 9pm. Bedrooms are big and light with an air of colonial elegance; two have patios leading to the garden – a semi-tropical paradise created by Sirio and María of trees, shrubs, ferns, wild boar, deer and a stunning pergola. Spin off on one of the bikes, take a put on the golf course by the sea, set out on a coastal pony trek, dip into the pool. Your multi-lingual hosts will advise – and if sporting pursuits do not appeal, head for nearby Llanes with its handsome galleried buildings.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited El Habana Country Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 9 Twin/doubles
- 3 Suites for 2
November to early April.
La Pereda s/n, 33509 Llanes, Asturias