La Casita Tenerife
c/Jose Antonio 13, 38550 Arafo,
Canary Islands, Spain
A handsome, flat-fronted, 1819 townhouse on a sleepy, hilly street near the centre of town with its pretty church and clock tower. Walk straight in to a charming, quirky sitting room with a terracotta floor, white walls, a high ceiling, modern art mixed with posters, gilt mirrors and photographs, and a chintzy sofa with masses of cushions. A hallway clustered with more art and family snaps leads to a tiny unfitted kitchen, filled with character and absolutely fine for holiday cooking. Up ramshackle-but-safe old wooden stairs to three bedrooms: two that are large and linked, so good for families, and one little twin on its own; all have antique wooden beds, original art and white cotton bedspreads. Plenty of bathrooms: one through the back yard and into a pristine outbuilding, the other two upstairs with the bedrooms. From the yard climb the brightly painted fire escape to the roof terrace where you can overlook the neighbour's and hang your washing and pretend to be very Spanish indeed. Restaurants and shops are a stroll away, El Teide is a steep drive, a small safe beach is a five-minute walk.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited La Casita Tenerife?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 6
c/Jose Antonio 13, 38550 Arafo, Tenerife