L’Hort de Sant Cebrià
Ctra. Sant Pere Pesacdor 1, 17474 Torroella de Fluvià,
Spain's Guardia Civil once headquartered in this sturdy stone house, which dozes by a Romanesque church in a quiet town ringed by apple groves. Now it's the stuff of interior design magazines. Drift past a log-stocked fireplace, a chandelier, smart black-clothed dining tables, elegant sofas and beautiful arched French windows. Step out to the terrace and garden, an exquisite ensemble of red and white roses, herbs and a swimming pool presided over by a Roman bust. Relish the peace – no children, and church bells that don't ring during the night. If you're lucky, Jordi and Juan Carlos may serve dinner (no supermarket produce!) on the wisteria'd veranda; breakfast is a treat with kumquat marmalade on wood-oven baked bread. Neutral bedrooms are as light and elegant as the rest, each with a special touch: polished antiques, carved headboards. Three have balconies; the suite has a sitting room with sofabed and kitchenette. It's the perfect retreat after a day at the coast: perhaps the beach (4km), seafood in Sant Pere Pescador, ancient ruins at Empuriès, diving at Medes Islands reserve.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited L’Hort de Sant Cebrià?Tell us your thoughts.
- 5 Doubles
- 1 Suite
Over 12s welcome.
15 to 28 February; November; 22 December to 6 January.
Ctra. Sant Pere Pesacdor 1, 17474 Torroella de Fluvià, Gerona