10450 Jarandilla de la Vera,
Imagine a farm in the wild Gredos foothills, exquisitely restored by a Swedish eco designer, in subtle, beautiful landscaping. La Lancha is such a place. Discover Anneli's fantasy world: an ornamental twirling staircase, glimmering naïf lamps, giant clocks, original art, French antiques, and airy sitting and dining rooms with fireplaces and porthole windows… The house is in tune with nature, solar-powered and spills into an olive grove. Breakfast on the south terrace, but take supper by the unusual cross-shaped pool, with a cool breeze and side dish of mountain views. The 30-hectare grounds are landscaper Eduardo's domain: an oak copse by the river, a wisteria'd sunken garden, a fiery autumn explosion of arbutus, a lawn mown by local-breed sheep, an organic vegetable garden. Everything thrives in this microclimate. Also: a tennis court, basketball nets, goal posts, orchards and stream; if the mountains weren't such a playground for adventures, it would be unthinkable to leave. On-site housekeepers clean daily and can cook if you wish – or venture out to the village and Parador, a short cycle away. Special.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Babysitting and cook available on request. 3 hours daily maid service (cleaning & laundry) included.
- Only 30 min walk from the house there is an amazing natural rock pool with crystal clear water.
- Guests can as well pick fresh eggs from our hens for their own use.
- Don't miss the nearby Monastery of Yuste, where the Emperor Charles V chose to spend his last days thanks to the microclimate and beauty of the region.
- Visit the heritage sites of Plasencia, Guadalupe, Trujillo, Cáceres
Have you visited La Lancha?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 14
Special Offer: EASTER OFFER - RESERVE TEN DAYS OVER THE EASTER PERIOD FOR THE PRICE OF SEVEN
10450 Jarandilla de la Vera, Cáceres