Holiday cottages Scotland and special places to stay
We find, inspect and select places that will put you in touch with everything that a holiday in Scotland has to offer. There are arty family homes in Glasgow’s bustling West End, lochside hotels in the Trossachs National Park and modern cottages on remote, beautiful Skye.
Our collection brings you hotels, B&Bs and holiday cottages in Scotland that give you the chance to experience everything from fresh scallops in the distant Hebrides, to historic castles in the borders and the best haunts in vibrant cities.
Property types in Scotland
- Going from the busy streets of Glasgow to the tranquillity of the Isle of Bute in just a couple of hours
- Loch Ness and Ben Nevis might grab the headlines, but there are over 30,000 lochs and lochans, as well as 282 munros, across the country to be visited
- Exploring the unique flavours of the nation’s world-famous whisky, from Speyside and Highland to Islay and Lowlands
- The eclectic choice of places to stay, from grand estates with panelled drawing rooms to smoky bothies in the woods.
- Turn up in August and see great comedy, theatre, dance, opera and film at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- Tick off a section of the West Highland Way, a 96-mile footpath from Milngavie to Fort William, or take on one of Scotland’s huge hiking trails – the Cape Wrath up the west coast, or the John o’ Groats trail up the east
- Visit the breathtakingly beautiful Isle of Skye, or one of hundreds of other islands off either coast
- Travel around the country by train, enjoying the stunning coastal approach to Edinburgh as you head north or the scenic five-hour Glasgow to Mallaig route that passes Loch Lomond.