Breakfast among the remains of a Protestant chapel, sleep in a townhouse, one of a terrace built in 1758; John and Lee-Anne are its second owners. Delightful, humorous Australians, they have restored their elegant mansion and are very much part of the community. Graciously high ceilings, a sweeping spiral staircase, lovely great windows in an oasis of ancient, stream-kissed oaks… arrive as strangers, leave as friends. The food is fantastic and the pastel-shaded bedrooms are generous, with just enough antiques; one even has the vast original claw-footed bath. The attention to detail is exceptional and readers sing their praises.