The Green Pavilion
Common Farm, Sustead Road, Lower Gresham, Norwich,
England, United Kingdom
Glimpse this award-winning eco home through the lofty trees and wild grasses of deepest Norfolk: who says England is crowded? Step into an open-plan living space which melts into nature through gleaming glass walls. A peaked ceiling soars skyward into a mesh of oak beams, a contemporary wood-burner exudes warmth and cosiness, and a sleek slate-floored kitchen stands to attention along one wall. The building bursts with clever design and thoughtful details: steep paddle stairs to an exciting glazed mezzanine gallery with a low double bed; well-positioned reading lamps; endless log supplies; a cupboard papered with OS maps for inspiration. Two sleek, unfussy ground-floor bedrooms (one with a wet room) burst out to a wraparound veranda and garden terrace with barbecue. The owners, potters, care deeply for the environment and leave you in peace to meet the neighbours: pheasants, deer, butterflies, a tawny owl. Quiet country lanes meander to the coast for birdwatching at Salthouse, a boat trip to Blakeney or crabbing in Cromer. Stroll along Weaver's Way beside a meadow to afternoon tea at Felbrigg Hall.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Joanna & Andrew Young:
- Felbrigg lake is only a 15 minute walk along the Weaver’s Way. A further 15 minutes on brings you to Felbrigg Hall, a National Trust owned Stuart house with an orangery, walled garden, walks and magnificent woods.
- For bird watchers the salt marshes between Salthouse - 25 minutes by car - and Stiffkey are very rewarding. There are several bird hides along the coast.
- A boat trip to Blakeney Point to see the birds, seals and wonderful scenery is recommended.
- 10 minutes by car gets you to the nearest sandy beach at West Runton.
- The North Norfolk Steam Railway is 10 minutes away by car and makes its picture postcard way from Sheringham to Holt.
- Blickling Hall is 20 minutes by car to the south. Home to the headless ghost of Anne Boleyn, this magnificent Jacobean Hall contains fine tapestries, paintings and rare books.
Have you visited The Green Pavilion?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 6
See owner website for availability.
Common Farm, Sustead Road, Lower Gresham, Norwich, Norfolk