Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel
Rhydycroesau, Oswestry, SY10 7JD,
England, United Kingdom
In a blissful valley lost to the world, this small, traditional country house sparkles on the side of a peaceful hill. To the front, beyond the stone terraces lush with aubretia, fields tumble down to a stream that marks the border with Wales. Daffodils erupt in spring, the lawns are scattered with deckchairs in summer, paths lead onto the hill for excellent walks. Colourful interiors are attractive: Laura Ashley wallpaper and an open fire in the quirky bar; shuttered windows and super food in the restaurant; the daily papers and a good collection of art in the sitting room. Bedrooms are stylish without being grand. Most have great views, one has a French sleigh bed, a couple have jacuzzi baths for two. Four rooms are dog-friendly and have their own patios. You get crisp white linen, silky curtains, padded bedheads. There's super food, too: Shetland mussels, Welsh beef, a plate of local cheese; the smoked haddock at breakfast is divine. Offa's Dyke and Powis Castle are close. Spa treatments are available in your room; perfect after a long walk in the hills.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Miles & Audrey Hunter:
- The National Trust properties of Powis Castle, Chirk Castle, Attingham and Erddig are all nearby, as is Wales' highest waterfall and the beautiful Lake Vyrnwy.
- The medieval timbered towns of Shrewsbury and Chester are both within half an hours drive, as is Llangollen and Ellesmere.
- The Ironbridge Gorge is about forty-five minutes away. Great hill walking from the hotel front door. Five 18 hole golf courses within 20 minutes.
- Snowdonia approximately one hours drive, as is Portmeirion.
Have you visited Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 4 Twins
Special Offer: 20% Discount! - Book two or more nights DBB during November & December and receive a 20% discount. Includes complimentary tea and cake on arrival and a four course dinner each night. From £80.00pppn
Minimum two nights at weekends.
Rhydycroesau, Oswestry, SY10 7JD, Shropshire