Mill Fosse Cottage
Chapel Street, Hawes, Wensleydale,
England, United Kingdom
Whichever way you come upon this bustling market town it's through classic Dales country: mighty hills and rolling pastures. Pop over the bridge and this handsome corner cottage stands before you – overlooking the river and its many waterfalls. Step in from the street and wind your way up through seemingly endless spaces. First off is the flagstoned hallway and dining room – keep your eyes peeled for quirky touches: funky lamps, vintage pottery and old signs. Up a few steps to the shaker-style kitchen – handmade, stone-floored and butler-sinked, with electric range and spotty crockery. Up again to the elegant, beamed sitting room. Stoke the fire from the heaving log basket, sink into a squishy sofa and tot up more river views. When finally you reach the top, flop on to your sleigh bed and take in the best waterfall views in the house. No TV up here, just a soothing sound system. Stroll to some great pubs and eating places, a good butcher and olde worlde general store. This is the home of Wallace's Wensleydale, so buy warm bread and a spot of cheese. Deep in the National Park, Hawes slumbers between Buttertubs and Fleet Moss on the Pennine Way. Dally awhile in deepest luxury.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Karen Waterhouse:
- Enjoy lovely walks from the cottage door. Great eateries and independent shops on the door step
- Hawes - home of the famous Wensleydale Cheese Factory. Tours and shop open daily
- The perfect location for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and its many pretty and fascinating villages
- Take in the breath-taking scenery in every direction. Spectacular drives and outdoor activities abound
- Sample our local markets, gallaries, restaurants, antique shops, country houses, gardens & castles!
- Mill Fosse Cottage is less than an hour's drive to the Lake District!
Have you visited Mill Fosse Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 2
Short breaks £250-£420.
Chapel Street, Hawes, Wensleydale, Yorkshire