The Manor House Stables - Self-catering cottages in Lincolnshire
Timberland Road, Martin, Lincoln,
England, United Kingdom
In a lovely setting in Lincolnshire are two holiday homes converted from old stables. On the left, the Hayloft, up stairs; to the right, the ground-floor Bothy; come as a group and they interconnect. Not only is this restoration eco-impressive – solar panels, wood pellets, sheeps' wool mattresses, insulated throughout (floors, with wood lacquer derived from oranges, smell lovely) – the interiors are as luxurious as can be. The Hayloft's bathroom, with its deep copper bath, multiple-jet shower, fibre optic ceiling lights and sauna, is heaven; the Bothy's galley kitchen, with its cottagey splash back, butler sink and energy-efficient range (like a mini Aga) is a delight. Sherry, who lives in the farmhouse next-door, showers you with goodies: the welcome trug spills over with jams, cheeses, chutneys, plum loaf, chocolate, raspberry wine, vegetables and herbs. Get cosy amid pretty striped fabrics and wicker chairs, wood-burners, iron sconces, shuttered windows, braided rugs… and a traditional 'box bed' that a child will love. If you tire of cooking you can walk to two pubs, if you tire of relaxing you can book onto a course: Sherry offers candle making, willow weaving, knitting, crocheting, jam, chocolate… all is possible here!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from Sherry Forbes:
Local points of interest from
- Warm, romantic and welcoming accommodation with wood-burning stoves - curl up by the fire and enjoy a lovely hamper on arrival full of organic goodies and local specialities plus a bottle of wine.
- The Manor House was recently awarded 'Highly Commended' in the Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year and Teaching Establishment of the Year categories at the Lincolnshire Food Awards 2015.
- Relax and unwind in our lovely soaking tubs - choose between wood in the Bothy or copper in the Hayloft.
- Why not learn a new skill during your stay? Courses range from willow weaving to candle making - it's amazing how much you can learn in a day!
- We are situated close to the wolds, coast and fens in an area renowned for good walks, cycling, bird watching, golf, angling and the big outdoors
- The Edwardian town of Woodhall Spa with its famous golf course and old-fasioned cinema, and the historic city of Lincoln with its catedral and castle are both short drives away.
- 2 Cottages for 3 - 4
3 night stays: The Bothy - £300-£360. The Hayloft - £330 - £390.
Special Offer: Visit the Magna Carta, Castle Walls and Cathedral - View Lincoln Castle with its new magnificent Magna Carta Exhibition AND the impressive Norman Cathedral. Free tickets for the first 12 bookings in April (2 tickets per booking)! Please phone or email.
Minimum stay: 3 nights. 3 nights on weekdays. 3 nights at weekends. 3 nights in high season.
Timberland Road, Martin, Lincoln, Lincolnshire