The Manor House Stables - Self-catering cottages in Lincolnshire
Timberland Road, Martin, Lincoln
England, United Kingdom
In a lovely setting in Lincolnshire are two holiday homes converted from old stables. On the left, the Hayloft, up stairs; to the right, the ground-floor Bothy; come as a group and they interconnect. Not only is this restoration eco-impressive – solar panels, wood pellets, sheeps' wool mattresses, insulated throughout (floors, with wood lacquer derived from oranges, smell lovely) – the interiors are as luxurious as can be. The Hayloft's bathroom, with its deep copper bath, multiple-jet shower, fibre optic ceiling lights and sauna, is heaven; the Bothy's galley kitchen, with its cottagey splash back, butler sink and energy-efficient range (like a mini Aga) is a delight. Sherry, who lives in the farmhouse next-door, showers you with goodies: the welcome trug spills over with jams, cheeses, chutneys, plum loaf, chocolate, raspberry wine, vegetables and herbs. Get cosy amid pretty striped fabrics and wicker chairs, wood-burners, iron sconces, shuttered windows, braided rugs… and a traditional 'box bed' that a child will love. If you tire of cooking you can walk to two pubs, if you tire of relaxing you can book onto a course: Sherry offers candle making, willow weaving, knitting, crocheting, jam, chocolate… all is possible here!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from Sherry Forbes:
Local points of interest from
- The Hayloft and Bothy are very special places to stay and relax. And now your pet can enjoy the Bothy too at only a small extra charge!
- Both the Hayloft and Bothy have beautiful bedrooms, lovely living areas, well-equipped kitchens, brilliant bathrooms and gorgeous gardens! Relax in a copper spa bath in the Hayloft under twinkly lights or bathe in the wooden tub for two in the Bothy.
- Why not learn a new skill during your stay? New for 2016 is our 'Just for Two' courses tailored especially for guests staying at the Manor House Stables. Choose to make bread, chocolate or jam or learn to crochet, knit or make natural beauty products.
- We are situated close to the Wolds, coast and fens in an area renowned for good walks, cycling, bird watching, golf, angling and the big outdoors. Try cycling to Lincoln along the Water Rail Way, spend a night star-gazing, bird watch along the coast & more
- The Edwardian town of Woodhall Spa with its famous golf course and old-fashioned cinema and the historic city of Lincoln with its cathedral and castle are both short drives away. Visit nearby Tattershall Castle, churches or our own little Great War museum.
- Lincolnshire is definitely a place for foodies! Great restaurants using local food abound and Farmer's Markets are everywhere! Our own local pub serves food or why not ask for a first night meal of roasted vegetables, sausages, apple crumble and cream Yum!
- 2 Cottages for 3 - 4
Extra bed/sofabed available £15 - £20 per person per week.
Special Offer: April's Showers! - It's not all rain in April! Spring is here so book a stay at the Manor House Stables in April and get a 15% discount! Use the Code SAW15 to claim.
Minimum stay: 3 nights. Short breaks available.
Timberland Road, Martin, Lincoln, Lincolnshire