Buonanotte Garibaldi - Bed & Breakfast in Rome
Via Garibaldi 83, 00153 Rome,
Cross the Tiber into maze-like Trastevere. Turn right for boisterous bars, left for cobblestoned tranquillity. Here lies a place that is small and special – an artistic find behind solid green doors. Fashion and textiles designer Luisa, as welcoming as can be, has transformed her studio and home into a vibrant three-bedroom B&B. Built around a beautiful sun-dappled courtyard, it is a showcase for her creations. Two bedrooms, Tinto and Chocolate, are on the ground floor opening to the courtyard (orange trees and magnolias, a marvel in spring) while the Rome room is above with its own big terrace, heaven for honeymooners. Walls are clean and minimalist, bathrooms mosaic'd and sparkling; splashes of colour come from hand-painted organza. Yours to retire to – a winter treat – is a salon with stylish settees and books on art and Rome. Charming staff, friendly and discreet, serve breakfast at an oval dining table surrounded by silk panels: fresh fruits, breads, meats, eggs how you like them, lavender shortbread, baked peaches; a wonder. All this in Rome's old heart – and Luisa's lovable dog, Tinto.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Buonanotte Garibaldi?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Twin/doubles
7 January to 7 March.
Via Garibaldi 83, 00153 Rome, Rome