Quintamar - Self-catering in Algarve
St Pedro 254-a, 8800-255 Tavira,
Southern Portugal, Portugal
Here are four pretty apartments and houses perfect for family and friends; from the top floors you can see the sea. The interiors are tiled and spacious, with enough stripes and blocks of colour to add life to a functional décor. Quintamar sits in the Ria Formosa: lovely farmland and trees and a 15-minute walk to a boat (summer only) or train to ferry you to the sand-spit beaches – reputedly the finest in Portugal. But the main joy is the natural swimming pool whose plants keep the water pure; bathing is in the centre, away from dense waterlilies and singing frogs! Grown-ups can loll on loungers as little ones duck and dive, or join the owners' children on the wooden pirate ship. On arrival, kind Tamar brings you milk, fruit, rolls, jam and eggs from her hens, local chef Pedro cooks on request, and there are heaps of seafood restaurants in the fishing village of Sta Luzia. Beds – super comfy – are draped with Indian spreads, sofas wear throws, wood-burners keep you warm on cool nights, the two-storey apartments have sliding doors to balconies, and patios have space for barbecues. It couldn't be nicer.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.