Via Romana 70, 18012 Bordighera,
The climate is kind: visit at any time of the year. The hotel was created in the 1920s when Bordighera, a pretty town with sloping tree-lined roads and pastel houses, became a winter retreat. The owner's father-in-law ran it for years, was a painter and had artists to stay – bedroom walls are still hung with the works they left. Some still come, following in the steps of Monet. This is a friendly place for walkers and families: Rita and husband Maurizio take groups off into the Maritime Alps in their minibus, then guide them back on three-hour treks. They also have a playroom for children, and organise special activities for summer. The restaurant is traditional and charming, the bedrooms are old-fashioned and double-glazed. Bathrooms are white-tiled with floral friezes and heated towel rails; the larger rooms have terraces with views to the hills. Best are the gardens: the courtyard bright with bougainvillea and oranges, the pool area lushly planted. Set off for the pebbled beach, a ten-minute dash down the hill; return to fresh fish on the menu served by attentive and delightful staff.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Villa Elisa?Tell us your thoughts.
- 30 Doubles
- 3 Singles
- 1 Suite for 2
- 1 Apartment for 6
5 November-22 December.
Via Romana 70, 18012 Bordighera, Imperia