Romantic getaways for the perfect couples retreat
Maybe you’re looking to celebrate an occasion, ask a very important question, unwind after the big day or simply get a little quality time together. We inspect all our places, looking for the special and unique, so you can find your own romantic experience.
Watch the sun set on the waves from a beach house deck, wander the olive groves of a Perugian villa or sit quietly by the fire in a remote highland cottage. Whatever you choose to do, we can help you find that feeling of real connection with a place and partner.
Extra special romantic breaks
Choose from places with hot tub for evenings under the stars, cosy cottages in the middle of nowhere for real quality time together, hotels with spas for endless pampering or pretty gites in rural France.
Sit under the stars among gorgeous landscape on your own private terrace or be pampered at an indoor spa, for the ultimate romantic break.
Cosy cottages for you and your loved one, perfect for evenings in front of the fire with a bottle of wine and board games.
Our curated collection of hotels with a truly special spa experience, ideal for relaxing and unwinding for a weekend – or even a week.
Hotels for a truly special romantic weekend away, where luxurious decor and decadent menus come as standard. Each place in the collection offers something unique!
The French sure know how to do romance! This collection brings together all our romantic self-catering gites for two.
Escape off the beaten track and be well looked after at these lovely romantic retreats, set in some of the most scenic parts of Europe.
- Walk the old railway bridge to Smardale Gill then come home and share an outdoor bath in the garden of a Cumbrian cottage
- Come straight off the beach for a massage at a stunning spa hotel on the Cornish coast
- Stroll the historic streets of Florence then head back to lie by the pool in the peaceful grounds of a hilltop Tuscan hotel
- Immerse yourself in the lively Barcelona nightlife then retreat for a nightcap and city views from the balcony of a characterful B&B
- Explore the broads then picnic in the walled garden of an old drover’s cottage in Norfolk.
- Contemporary Portuguese cuisine in the stylish riverside restaurant of Porto’s Torel Avantgarde
- Fresh seafood in the restaurant or at the Beach Hut down on the sand outside The Watergate Bay hotel
- Imaginative modern dishes at the Hotel Panache in a quiet quarter of Paris before heading out into the night
- Tangy tapas on a rooftop bar overlooking the lights of Barcelona at Hotel Duquesa de Cardona
- Floral Ligurian food with olive oil and wine straight from the slopes below you at La Sosta di Ottone III.
Popular romantic destinations
Long walks along the coast, hikes in the wilderness, spa days with sea views, and exploring beautiful parts of Europe, are all ways to spend a great trip with your loved one. Choose from our most popular destinations to find your perfect place.
More romantic inspiration
Is there anything better than a cosy evening in a pub with your loved one, perhaps in front of a log fire, and then being able to wander upstairs to a lovely bedroom for the night? These are our six favourite pubs for a romantic weekend.
Leave everything behind and head off across water to a secluded and secret island, for the ultimate romantic break. These are our five favourite island escapes, including places in Scotland, Devon, Cornwall, Italy and France.
Autumn is the perfect season for romantic breaks: crisp mornings and golden leaves, cosy evenings in front of the wood burner, and less people visiting than in summer. These are our top picks for romantic short breaks in Britain.