Romantic getaways for the perfect couples retreat
You might want to celebrate an occasion, ask a very important question, unwind after the big day or just get a little quality time together. We inspect all our places, looking for the special and unique, so you can find your own romantic experience.
It could be watching the sun set on the waves from a beach house deck, wandering the olive groves of a Perugian villa or sitting quietly by the fire in a remote highland cottage. These hotels, B&Bs, cottages and inns will help you find that feeling of real connection with a place and partner.
Extra special romantic breaks
Choose from places with hot tub for evenings under the stars, cosy cottages in the middle of nowhere for real quality
time together, hotels with spas for endless pampering or pretty gites in rural France.
Sit under the stars among gorgeous landscape on your own private terrace or be pampered at an indoor spa, for the ultimate romantic break.
Cosy cottages for you and your loved one, perfect for evenings in front of the fire with a bottle of wine and board games.
Our curated collection of hotels with a truly special spa experience, ideal for relaxing and unwinding for a weekend – or even a week.
Hotels for a truly special romantic weekend away, where luxurious decor and decadent menus come as standard. Each place in the collection offers something unique!
The French sure know how to do romance! This collection brings together all our romantic self-catering gites for two.
Escape off the beaten track and be well looked after at these lovely romantic retreats, set in some of the most scenic parts of Europe.
- Walk the old railway bridge to Smardale Gill then come home and share an outdoor bath in the garden of a Cumbrian cottage
- Come straight off the beach for a massage at a stunning spa hotel on the Cornish coast
- Stroll the historic streets of Florence then head back to lie by the pool in the peaceful grounds of a hilltop Tuscan hotel
- Immerse yourself in the lively Barcelona nightlife then retreat for a nightcap and city views from the balcony of a characterful B&B
- Explore the broads then picnic in the walled garden of an old drover’s cottage in Norfolk.
- Contemporary Portuguese cuisine in the stylish riverside restaurant of Porto’s Torel Avantgarde
- Fresh seafood in the restaurant or at the Beach Hut down on the sand outside The Watergate Bay hotel
- Imaginative modern dishes at the Hotel Panache in a quiet quarter of Paris before heading out into the night
- Tangy tapas on a rooftop bar overlooking the lights of Barcelona at Hotel Duquesa de Cardona
- Floral Ligurian food with olive oil and wine straight from the slopes below you at La Sosta di Ottone III.
Popular romantic destinations
Long walks along the coast, hikes in the wilderness, spa days with sea views, and exploring beautiful parts of Europe,
are all ways to spend a great trip with your loved one. Choose from our most popular destinations to find your perfect place.
More romantic inspiration
Money can’t buy you love, but it can get you a cosy room for two in a beautiful country inn. Everything is taken care of so you can spend a perfect few days hiking the hills, soaking in a deep bathtub, catching up over delicious food and contentedly gazing into the crackling fire. So, if Valentine’s Day has never made you think of pubs let these six surprise you – all perfect for any romantic occasion.
Heading for somewhere you’ve never heard of is a bit of a risk. There’s equal chance that you uncover a hidden gem or find out that there’s a good reason nobody ever recommended the place to you. It’s tempting to play it safe and head straight for a region’s famous destinations, but here are four unknown spots that guarantee you the joy of discovery.
When we add to our cosy collection, we look for roaring log fires, country walks from the door, great kitchens and the most comfortable beds as standard. But we also look for something that will surprise you, something really memorable. Here are our favourite romantic escapes to try this autumn.