The Manor House Stables
Timberland Road, Martin, Lincoln,
England, United Kingdom
In a lovely setting in Lincolnshire are two holiday homes converted from old stables. On the left, the Hayloft, up stairs; to the right, the ground-floor Bothy; come as a group and they interconnect. Not only is this restoration eco-impressive – solar panels, wood pellets, sheeps' wool mattresses, insulated throughout (floors, with wood lacquer derived from oranges, smell lovely) – the interiors are as luxurious as can be. The Hayloft's bathroom, with its deep copper bath, multiple-jet shower, fibre optic ceiling lights and sauna, is heaven; the Bothy's galley kitchen, with its cottagey splash back, butler sink and energy-efficient range (like a mini Aga) is a delight. Sherry, who lives in the farmhouse next-door, showers you with goodies: the welcome trug spills over with jams, cheeses, chutneys, plum loaf, chocolate, raspberry wine, vegetables and herbs. Get cosy amid pretty striped fabrics and wicker chairs, wood-burners, iron sconces, shuttered windows, braided rugs… and a traditional 'box bed' that a child will love. If you tire of cooking you can walk to two pubs, if you tire of relaxing you can book onto a course: Sherry offers candle making, willow weaving, knitting, crocheting, jam, chocolate… all is possible here!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Sherry Forbes:
- Warm, romantic and welcoming accommodation with wood-burning stoves - curl up by the fire and enjoy...
- Lovely hamper on arrival full of organic goodies and local specialities plus a bottle of wine.
- Relax and unwind in our lovely soaking tubs - choose between wood in the Bothy or copper in the Hayloft.
- Why not learn a new skill during your stay? Courses range from willow weaving to candle making - it's amazing how much you can learn in a day!
- We are situated close to the wolds, coast and fens in an area renowned for good walks, cycling, bird watching, golf, angling and the big outdoors
- The Edwardian town of Woodhall Spa with its famous golf course and old-fasioned cinema, and the historic city of Lincoln with its catedral and castle are both short drives away.
Have you visited The Manor House Stables?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Cottages for 3 - 4
3 night stays: The Bothy - £300-£360. The Hayloft - £330 - £390.
Timberland Road, Martin, Lincoln, Lincolnshire