Snowgums - Self-catering apartments in Hautes-Alpes
36 chemin de Mas de Blais, 05100 Briançon,
Provence - Alps - Riviera, France
Next to the apple and pear trees, Pippa has created a lovely spot in the garden from where you can soak up the views. You'll catch them anyway from this charming old farmhouse, whose rustic walls and vaulted ceilings house two big apartments. Find cheerful covers on pale pine beds, cotton rugs on tiled floors, jolly towels in shining showers, brightness, comfort and joy. The cupboards spill novels and games, there are cots and high chairs for the asking, the cable car is a two-minute drive and Pippa will child-sit if you'd like a night out. Raised in Australia, she has that charming, relaxed manner you would expect and makes a stay here memorable. She and her daughter have a deep love for the outdoor life and will point you in the direction of hundreds of walks, from gentle saunters by the river to treks from one mountain refuge to another. What's more, you're five minutes from the World Heritage listed town of Briancon (beautiful squares, a super pool). Pippa buys local produce for the welcome pack and is totally involved with village life. Brilliant all round
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from Pippa Curtis:
Local points of interest from
- Briancon old town, UNESCO world heritage listed, fortified cobbled streets, bursting with atmosphere and character, street theatre, events & medieval festivals in season.
- Thermal spa (10 mins) - internal and external thermal pools, jacuzzi, fountains, whirl pool, plunge pools, music dome.
- Winter - in the heart of ski valley Serre Chevalier (250kms of pistes, 1200 - 2800m, all levels), snowboarding, sledging, relaxing, snowshoeing, husky sleigh rides, ski boot room, sledging slope opposite the house, free ski bus to the highest cable car
- Spring, summer, autumn - excellent local swimming pool + long slide (5 mins), swimming lakes, Italy (15 mins), hiking, cycling valleys or Tour de France passes, kayaking, climbing, BBQ/ relax in large garden, safe bike storage.
- Facilities - feather pillows and duvets, great games cupboard for all ages, toys + Wendy house for children, everything for children and babies, wifi throughout, excellent showers, optional chef prepared main meals - highly recommended!
- Travel - Gatwick Turin with BA, 2 hours drive to here, other airports too, or overnight train from Paris, or TGV to nearby Oulx with connecting bus to bring you to Briancon
- 2 Apartments for 4
Minimum stay: 3 nights. Short breaks available. Pets by arrangement.
36 chemin de Mas de Blais, 05100 Briançon, Hautes-Alpes