Guest House Arco de’ Tolomei - Bed & Breakfast in Rome
Via dell'Arco de’ Tolomei 27, 00153 Rome,
Up the sweep of the dark communal wooden staircase into another world, a fascinating little B&B in the peaceful old Jewish quarter of Trastevere. The house has been in Marco's family for 200 years and those sedate gentlemen on the blue walls are just some of the previous inhabitants. Marco and his wife Gianna, great travellers and anglophiles, have filled the family home with bits and pieces from their journeys abroad. Floor to ceiling shelves heave under the weight of books in the red drawing room, gorgeous pieces of art and sculpture beautify walls and tables, and floors are laid with exquisite parquet; there's plenty of dark wood and every square inch gleams. The convivial oval dining table awaits guests eager to sample Gianna's lavish breakfasts. Bedrooms, reached through a guest sitting room, have bold flowers – pinks, reds, yellows – or pinstripes on the walls, a backdrop to handsome bedsteads and great little bathrooms, while the best have miniature staircases up to private terraces with views that roll down over the terracotta patchwork of Trastevere's tiny terracotta roofs and fascinating web of streets.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Marco Fè d'Ostiani:
- Trastevere is the most characteristic area of Rome and there are lot's of restaurant and pubs for any taste and pocket from simple traditional "Trattorie" to some very good sea food place.
- The river is less than 100 meters far from our B&B and it helps a lot when you have to come back after a long day around in the city
- All the main sights are at a walking distance but in the evening when you'll come back you'll enjoy the quiet and relaxed atmosphere of a little village
- The side of Trastevere is still an authentic area and not touristy
- It's a pleasure to be back in a quiet side of the city after a long day walking through the main busy sights
Have you visited Guest House Arco de’ Tolomei?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Twin/doubles
- 3 Triples
Via dell'Arco de’ Tolomei 27, 00153 Rome, Rome