Une Campagne en Provence
Domaine le Peyrourier, 83149 Bras,
Provence - Alps - Riviera, France
In spring, water gushes through the 400-acre estate: the 12th-century Knights Templar created myriad irrigation channels, the life-source of this stunning place. (Now it is proud possessor of the European Ecolabel.) The bastide keeps it fortress-like proportions and bags of character and charm. Martina and Claude love it all, have planted 3,750 trees, and have a sense of fun that makes a stay a treat. The main house is arranged around a central patio, with stairs leading to the bedrooms above. Simple Provençal furnishings are lit by huge windows, floors are terracotta, there are cosy 'boutis' quilts and sumptuous towels and linen, and bathrooms cleverly worked around original features. Breakfasts are scrumptious; dinners – meet the other guests – put the accent on Provençal produce and their own wine. In the cellar: music and a mini cinema. Also table football and a pool with a view (May to October), a sauna, a Turkish bath and a well-stocked library. Beyond are the Gorges du Verdon, Cotignac, St Maximin Ste Baume. An isolated paradise for all ages, overseen by a charming young family, two geese and one dear dog.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Martina & Claude Fussler:
- La Basilique de St. Maximin la Ste Baume.
- Les Gorges du Verdon, Le massif de la Ste-Baume.
- Moustier Ste Marie et le lac de Ste Croix.
- Local markets in Cotignac and St. Maximin Ste Baume.
- Cassis et les Calanques, Aix en Provence.
- La Montagne Ste-Victoire.
Have you visited Une Campagne en Provence?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 1 Suite
- 1 Studio
January to mid-March.
Domaine le Peyrourier, 83149 Bras, Var